5.0
Additional Fees
Turnaround Time

I ordered four large paintings from Mr Afremov's own website.I can't tell if they were identical to the ones featured on the website, but that hardly matters as the paintings are really wonderful.

Everyone admires them. I don't recollect that there was any communication about the shipping status, but you can check online whether they have been shipped yet. The delivery delay was a shorter than I expected - I expected it would take more time to paint them and ship them. The paintings were shipped from Mexico.

I ordered them on the 2nd October 2016 and received an enquiry from DHL/Swiss Customs about the cost on 14th October 2016. The paintings were delivered a few days later. Of course I received a bill from the Swiss customs a few days later for the VAT and the inspection charge. The mistake I made was to buy the paintings on canvas in a roll.

Having them stretched in Switzerland cost me an arm and a leg. With hindsight it would have been much much cheaper to have them stretched (Gallery Wrapped / Ready to Hang) by Mr Afremov's studio and pay the extra shipping cost and Swiss customs duties. I have now ordered 8 more original oil paintings, (ordered on the 21st December 2016), and I received a communication today (3 Jan 2017), that they have just finished varnishing the paintings and the varnish is drying and that they will ship the paintings this week. That means they should be on their way by the 6th or 7th, which isn't too bad (assuming they had to be painted over the holiday break).

My personal impression is that Mr Afremov is a high quality painter, who like most of the great and famous artists, produces a large number of works of art, (Van Gogh was churning out nearly one painting a day). It matters little what the theoretical value might be. Far more important is whether you like the art and can afford it.

We have a local art gallery in my village which sells original oil paintings by local (unknown) artists.The pictures are nowhere near as nice as Afremov's and yet sell for many times his price for a similar size.

Review about: Afremov Picture.

Reason of review: Good quality.

Had an Experience with Afremov?

Comments

Eagan, Minnesota, United States #1265396

can you post pictures of the paining you received?